Diezel VH4

Teddeeh
This pedal is marked as verified but has anyone made it without issue?
Ive just made a build, a fairly competant one as its my second and im getting horrendous squeel, not much signal etc so i hooked up my older one i seem to remember worked fine and nada. Same problem. Different ic’s but yeah. No dice.
I hate working with voltage chips.
Signal through but just nasty squeals high pitched noise and yeah nasty.
Im not asking for fixes. Im gonna start again but onky if i know people have built this build, have it working and its worth my time and money investing in new voltage regulators and chips. I think it ate one of my 2134’s.

Re: Diezel VH4

Did you buy your charge pump IC from Tayda? They sell a lot of bad charge pumps

Re: Diezel VH4

Hozy31
I built this and initially had squealing but i had D3 the wrong way round. After changing that it was fine. I reckon your charge pump is the culprit as Travis mentions. Good luck.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Diezel VH4

Teddeeh
Did you build one dude?

Re: Diezel VH4

Teddeeh
Hozy will do, i dont think this batch of IC’s is from tayda. Im always neevous about charge pumps. Bad experience so ive always just avoided. Bought a set of supposedly good ones and had a great last buy, bought some more and theyve pretty much been crap, same seller uk based.
Ive just sold some pickups i wasent using so i have some capital. Ima give it one more go then i think. Ill check over the components when i strip the boards, i dont care about making a new one. I find building my “zen” time hehe

Re: Diezel VH4

Sensei Tim
i've built several of these without issue.

it could be that your jfets are not biased properly or that they are out of spec jfets.

are you using j201?  where did you buy them from?