Digitech Hothead: VERIFIED 03/03/2018

chance
This post was updated on .
Digitech Hothead true bypass with the buffers and switching removed. UPDATE 03/03/2018: VERIFIED - New layout posted, please delete the previous due to errors. I have just completed this layout and it works brilliantly, very low noise. I have JRC4558 op-amps in mine at the moment, test and adjust as usual.
29/07/2018 UPDATE: Updated layout with today's date. As per the comment below, I had D3 and D4 labelled incorrectly.

Re: Digitech Hothead

Sphere80
Thanks!  Looking at the schematic reminds me a little of an HM-2 into a muff type tone control with bass gyrator.  It's not a clone, of course, there are many vital differences.

The schem.  has the cab sim portion, if anyone wants to give it a try. It should be simple enough. A band mate used to play shows with this direct into the board and remembers it being fine for the job.

Re: Digitech Hothead

Hozy31
Built this, sounds really good. By the way D3 and D4 are labelled the wrong way round on the layout compared to your description underneath.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Digitech Hothead

chance
Great spotting mate, I have updated the layout above with correct diode references.