Diode placement graphic...

Chris mudd
Hello all!!,
I seem to get tangled in diode placement once ina while. Please help me with 2 questions:

1. Are they very eay to "fry" when soldering them to a veroboard?

2. Do the diode graphic and the color scheme of the diode match? In other words, oes the thick stripe on the diode always match the thick stripe on the veroboard layout?

I have a Lovepedal champ that looks spot on, am trying to troubleshoot....

THANKS

Chris

Re: Diode placement graphic...

induction
1. Germanium diodes can be sensitive, silicon are pretty robust

2. The stripe should indicate the cathode on both the physical component and the layout

Feel free to post photos if you want help troubleshooting

Re: Diode placement graphic...

Mulekicker
The stripe on some Russian ge diodes is reversed, d9e's for example. Just fyi.