Distortion pedal direct to mixer-Recommendations

Distortion pedal direct to mixer-Recommendations

ppanousos
I want to make a distortion pedal-amp sim  that can go direct to the mixer.Do you have any recommendations?I am looking for a high gain plexi sound.So far i have found only the AMT S1 or B1 with the daughterboard cam sim.Is there any other design that can go direct?

Re: Distortion pedal direct to mixer-Recommendations

Beaker
In theory you can use ANY pedal direct to a mixing desk - guitarists, and especially bassists have been doing it for decades.

Do you even need a cab sim? most recording software these days have a whole range of cab sims available. Whether you think they sound any good though is up to you.

One the flip-side, whether you think a cab sim pedal sounds any good either, is also up to you.

My son bought a Hughes and Kettner Red Box for direct recording - only got used a couple of times. He preferred recording direct without it, and listening to his recordings I agree with him.

Again your mileage may vary.

I built a ROG Ginger pedal for a friend who is a full time pro session bassist. He often uses it to record straight to the desk - no amp, no speakers, no cab sim, sometimes no DI.

Search the forum for cab sims and for DI's - there are a few on here already.

Here's one:

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Simple-CabSim-tp8449.html