Do you have any info on this Mysterious Booster / DI?

Do you have any info on this Mysterious Booster / DI?

Highsmith
Hi there,

I bought this mystery effect/utility thing years ago at a rummage sale.

I can’t get it to make any sound, but also, I don’t know what it’s supposed to do!

A Google search revealed no info on the company or product.

Inside it looks like there is an IC, 2 transistors, 4 caps, 5 big boy electrolytics, a dozen or so resistors, and about 4 things which I assume are diodes.

Does anyone have any idea what it is, or what it’s supposed to do? I’m guessing some type of direct box/booster, but what about the 10 and 100 v speaker outs?

Cheers from San Francisco!

Re: Do you have any info on this Mysterious Booster / DI?

reddesert
Page 9 of https://monoskop.org/images/6/61/Synapse_Vol_3_No_1.pdf

I'd guess the speaker 10V and 100V are inputs, not outputs, to take amp out > hot box > mixer, for amps without a line out.

Re: Do you have any info on this Mysterious Booster / DI?

Highsmith
I don't know how you found that, but kudos.

$166 in 1979 dollars is like $550 now, and that literature makes it out to be a wonder product.

I wonder if I replaced those big caps if it would spring back to life?