Dover Drive question

kirshman
I'm finally getting around to building this, ordered the parts the day I saw the layout :)  It looks to me like we're using the trimmer to bias the collector on that BJT.  What should I be biasing it to?

Re: Dover Drive question

amsterdam
According to their website, it can be biased by ear.

-Bias Control- If you unscrew the the back of your Dover Drive, you’ll find a tiny trim pot toward the upper left of the board. Using a small flathead screwdriver, you are able to adjust the bias control of the effect. Turning it to the left will give it a starved, sharp attack with a charmingly, spitty quality to it. Turning it to the right will open it up more while smoothing out the decay and thus, offering more sustain.