Dr Boogie

Rock Glenn
I've been building amp sims, all with 2 or 3 knobs only, and all in 1590B enclosures. Only amp style I can't get to work is mesa. (Well, and soldano) I think I can get the Dr boogie to fit in a 1590B removing the trimmers (I'll happily socket the resistors) and fixing all pots at halfway or so, except gain, volume, and treble.

I tried to draw a layout, and I'll try again; but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask for help, if anyone with that fancy software wants to give it a go.
www.reverberation.com/rockglenn

Re: Dr Boogie

ibanez48
Do u need it in a stomp box? If not u could always make it a rack mount build it on tag strips or tag board. Just thinking a easy way out lol. I use to build everything in a stomp box but I have building mine in a little rack mount box. I have laid out a couple of circuits using the vero software. But I’m no good at making them compact. And I also started etching my on boards it makes it a lot easier.

Re: Dr Boogie

Rock Glenn
I'm actually building a rackmount bass unit, mostly because I have an open rack space in the bass rig box.

This project is different, and is OCD driven... I've been building pedals that emulate an amp brand's sound, cutting them to 3 pots, slapping them in a plain 1590B, and getting accurate knobs to the brand.

By the end I'll have 12 matching 3-knob plain 1590B overdrives, one for each manufacturer. And maybe I'll be satisfied.
www.reverberation.com/rockglenn

Re: Dr Boogie

Sensei Tim

Re: Dr Boogie

Rock Glenn
I saw this, it looks like it will fit width wise, but be very tight vertically, especially with wires there. Also, I've never used vero before. I once accidentally ordered a bunch and sold it on ebay.

This layout could be helpful with trying to draw a stripboard layout though...
www.reverberation.com/rockglenn

Re: Dr Boogie

Rock Glenn
What software should I be looking for for stripboard layouts? I modified the boogie schematic and I tried making a layout in illustrator, but it's challenging. I think removing 3 pots, the trimmers, and the anti popping resistor from the board, it will fit no problem.
www.reverberation.com/rockglenn