Dummy question- LED included in Vero dish...

Dummy question- LED included in Vero dish...

jonnyrace
Hello

I made a few pedals using this site about 5 years ago. I’m trying to get back into it and I’ve just  attempted to make a DAM Sonic Titan. I’ve done an off board LED but the circuit has an LED out wire, and it looks like that wire is linked to a 2k2 resistor in the circuit. I’m wondering if this means the LED is already part of the circuit and I just need to attach that wire to the positive leg of the LED and the other leg to ground?

At the moment, I’m getting oscillation noise only so I’m doing something wrong somewhere. I know I should have circuit testers etc but I don’t, so I’ve struggled through instead. I feel like the Vero circuit is pretty tidy so I’m hoping it’s an off board wiring problem. Thank you!

Re: Dummy question- LED included in Vero dish...

jonnyrace
Sorry the title should read - 'LED included in Vero diag' - bloomin autocorrect!

I have now removed the LED, and soldered the positive side of the LED to the circuit, and the negative side of the LED to ground...not sure if I should have done this.

I've gone through all the offboard wiring and I'm still getting bypass ok, but now I get click click click click pulsing sound with the pedal engaged!

I'm totally clueless, but I'll learn, I promise!

Re: Dummy question- LED included in Vero dish...

induction
The led negative leg should go to the switch, otherwise you have it right.

Regarding the clicking and oscillation: how did you set the trimmer? It should be dialed in so that you have about 4.5V at the jfet drain. If you don't have a meter, you can try setting it by ear.

Re: Dummy question- LED included in Vero dish...

jonnyrace
Thanks induction - I looked at the board/diagram again, and it seems one of the IC legs goes to nothing - it's essentially isolated. I could't get the board to take any solder on that leg for some reason, so I just left it inconnected. Do you think this could be the problem?

Re: Dummy question- LED included in Vero dish...

induction
Pin 7, correct? If so, then no. That is not the cause.
How did you set the trimmer?