EHX Germanium4 Big Muff Pi With boost

Phil_D
Hi guys, noob question... i have an 1590DD box and i want to do a EHX Germanium4 Big Muff Pi with a boost.

Do i do this layout but 3 in a row

Or  do the first one with the 2nd one for the boost?

Thanks guys

Re: EHX Germanium4 Big Muff Pi With boost

Phil_D

Re: EHX Germanium4 Big Muff Pi With boost

It depends if you want to be able to use the boost by itself or not

With the first one the effects can be used individually or simultaneously. With the second one the boost could only be used simultaneously with the other effect

Re: EHX Germanium4 Big Muff Pi With boost

Phil_D
Ok so if i want to use overdrive with boost or distor’s With boost must do the 1st one but 3 in a row instead of 2?

Re: EHX Germanium4 Big Muff Pi With boost

Yes that is correct. This will also allow you to use the boost by itself

Re: EHX Germanium4 Big Muff Pi With boost

Phil_D
Thanks very much...

Re: EHX Germanium4 Big Muff Pi With boost

Phil_D
And what cool boost i could do with this muff double pedal suggestions?

Re: EHX Germanium4 Big Muff Pi With boost

You’re welcome hope you enjoy the build

Re: EHX Germanium4 Big Muff Pi With boost

Phil_D
Thanks will start soon and post pics when i finish it

Re: EHX Germanium4 Big Muff Pi With boost

Phil_D
I was thinking of the xotic rc booster.... right or suggestions?

Re: EHX Germanium4 Big Muff Pi With boost

I missed that last question

My two favorite boosts are the Rangemaster and Super Hard On. The Red Rooster would be an ideal variant of the Rangemaster for your project since it is NPN and includes the very useful bass control. It’s also germanium so that is cute how it plays into the Ge theme

The Super Hard On is cleaner and more “transparent” although it does impart a nice sparkly coloration and gets really loud. I have built a lot of boosts and personally those are the two that I always come back to.

The LPB-1 from EHX is another classic.

If you want a really clean high headroom boost I recommend the madbean baconbits

Re: EHX Germanium4 Big Muff Pi With boost

The RC booster is cool too, I tend to gravitate towards simple boost pedals but the RC booster is an excellent pedal

Re: EHX Germanium4 Big Muff Pi With boost

Phil_D
Going with the red rooster thank you very much mate

Re: EHX Germanium4 Big Muff Pi With boost

You’ll probably love it. I can’t keep my hands on them, I just made one for my studio and it lasted 2 weeks before a friend wanted to buy it.

Re: EHX Germanium4 Big Muff Pi With boost

Phil_D
I love the all germanium way... will post when finish thanks again my friend