EHX Hot Tube oscillation

Surgeon
Anybody else built it and found oscillation when the gain was maxed and the tone activated?

I used a 1M for the gain. Of course, this only happens in the last extremity of the gain pot (I'm thinking a reverse-log would be helpful) and disappears as soon as I back it off slightly.

I'm thinking it could just be crosstalk due to gain and would be cured by shielded wire once boxed but I'd like to make sure beforehand (if anybody can confirm) so I can avoid troubleshooting once it's all done.

Gracias amigos!