EMG Preamp Vero from Bajaman's PCB layout

EMG Preamp Vero from Bajaman's PCB layout

wassupdoc
Hi guys, I'm trying to move this layout onto vero (as I've a load of it laying around!) I've had a go at it and I can't see any problems with it, but I'd like to see if you guys can see anything wrong or any places I could improve :) It's my first time doing the layout myself so I'm open to criticism!
This is Bajaman's layout:

And this is my layout:

I've tried to keep all the connections to one side, as the idea is to mount it underneath an old ibanez humbucker to test it, and all the connections come out of one place!

As a secondary question, would this circuit work on 18V for more headroom?

All the best,
wassupdoc

Re: EMG Preamp Vero from Bajaman's PCB layout

Beaker
I would hope it can run at 18V. It's not really an EMG preamp otherwise!

18V is the limit for this chip though so you are pushing it at it's limit - it might turn into a smoke generator! 9V will be totally safe.

As always, check the datasheet:

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/snosc17a/snosc17a.pdf

One thing that jumps out at me is the supply voltage resistor (the 1M Ohm) might need increasing for 18V operation.

Maybe worth looking at a chip with a bit more headroom.

Re: EMG Preamp Vero from Bajaman's PCB layout

Beaker
My bad, it runs at +/- 9V for 18V input, so well within limits.

Read this though - well worth the effort. also has an alternative schematic to use a much more common TL062 chip.

http://revolutiondeux.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/active-pickups-how-do-emg-do-it.html

Has a bunch of mods and tweaks too!

Re: EMG Preamp Vero from Bajaman's PCB layout

wassupdoc
That's the website I'm using, I added the Baja suggested mods as shown on the PCB :) I'm just wanting to know if the layout would work. Thanks for the insight on the +-9V :)