EQD Chrysalis - Taming the high end/tone

EQD Chrysalis - Taming the high end/tone

tracer03
Chrysalis Layout

Finished this one up a few days ago, and I really like the drive sound: the tone sweep, however, leaves something to be desired. I find that the useful range only seems to be between 0 and 50% of the tone knob sweep (at best). Wondering if it would be possible to adjust the cap values in the tone stack to a more useable range - and if anyone has done it?

Looking at the schematic, it looks to me like the 4n7 and 100n (cols 14 and 15 on the layout) are the culprits, and was thinking of bumping them up to 10n/220n (or something along those lines).

Suggestions/comments appreciated - thanks.

Re: EQD Chrysalis - Taming the high end/tone

fx-fidden
I think it's enough to encrease the 4.7nF tone cap to 6.8nF, 8.2nF or 10nF. This will move the tone range lower. At max setting will give you less treble then the stock tone, and at min setting will be darker.

Usually, I don't like so much this kind of tone, too. It attenuates treble, but even the signal/gain. If you hear the gain tamed too much after you replaced the 4.7nF cap with a bigger one, I think you can try to replace the 8.2k resistor with a 10k to recovery a bit of signal. Just in case.
I build pedals