Eagle user to modify Big Muff boards

vick
This post was updated on .
http://gaussmarkov.net/wordpress/gallery/nordics-big-muff-pi-triangle-revision/

does anyone here know how to use eagle to modify the board found here

to have the mids switch used in all of Marks Big MUffs?

added

as a note the scheme they use is numbered differently then the Kit Rae site ( schematic is included in the zip download)

I believe that to do this it would be adding an parellel connection betwean Q3 and c10 based on their schematic,  Is this correct?

on the kit rae schematic it would be a parallel connection between Q2 and C9.

Re: Eagle user to modify Big Muff boards

vick
just fyi for any one following this.  I will probably use the method bellow for now.

Tracy's Recipies19 May 2013 23:43
Question regarding the mids switch.

Am I correct that the switch is just bringing the capacitors on the switch in series with the 4n cap to increase the 4n value to either 8.7 for flat mids or 14n for boosted mids?

JaviCAP20 May 2013 00:01
Correct! This is just a mod to get more options on the tonestack, as many people think that the BMP mids are too extremely scooped.

So it seems to me I could leave out c10 on that schematic and take it to the switch. and either use two caps on the switch 4n and somewhere around 9 for just a stock on flat mids or attach the 4n cap across pin 2 and 5 as well as the wires for the three positions switch 4.7/4/ and 10.

Does that sound right?

IvIark20 May 2013 00:43
Yes