Early Santa this year :)

JaviCAP
Administrator
I couldn't wait, it was too tempting and maybe tomorrow would be too late so I had no chance....

Gibson Flying Faded 2008 with 3 pickups in nearly mint condition! Really happy with the purchase, it sounds  killer! (Como un puto cañón! as we say in Spain)

Hope you like it :)

J.

Re: Early Santa this year :)

Chris60601
Sa Weet!!!!
It's the revers of mine (all white)

Outstanding!!! Santa Clause is in rare form this year
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: Early Santa this year :)

DAYUM..... I've always wanted a Flying V, and that's just gorgeous, not to mention a triple pickup model. I feel so left out, not being able to buy a new instrument for awhile.

Re: Early Santa this year :)

Chris60601
I hear ya! I normally hit the local pawn shops. I got my Strat there (needed work - but well worth it).
I have only purchased 2 new electrics over the past 5 years. The white V and a black Jackson bass.

The rest are all used and need some TLC.

But heck yeah, that black V is is a beauty!!! And you're right - the 3 hums kick.
I have wondered tho - like mine, why Gibson remove the pickup rings.
Seems odd just having the hum sitting sorta neked.

Cheers
Chris
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: Early Santa this year :)

Chris60601
What the heck!!! I just now noticed the selector switch on that!!!

Cheers
Chris
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: Early Santa this year :)

Very nice...enjoy it (with a strap, of course).

Now, you DO know that you need to design a pre-amp, buffer, overdrive, phaser, tremolo circuit to wire up under that pickguard - think of all the switches you could have!

Re: Early Santa this year :)

Nice!

Re: Early Santa this year :)

JaviCAP
Administrator
Thank you guys :)

Yeah. pawn shops are the key. If they don't know a word about guitars and can't tell between models you can always push hard in the haggle.

This one was in really mint condition, and just needed to adjust the  truss rod a bit. But this "problem" and the faded finish, ( that I said that was blemished and worn by the former owner :P), were really usefull to get a bargain price :P

So, maybe the best  €410 I have spent in many years :)

J.

Re: Early Santa this year :)

dbat69
Javi
As a V fan, you've got cracker
Lovely looking guitar and nice price to boot -
I just love playing my V - I'm sure you'll have many a strummin' session with it

Re: Early Santa this year :)

I remember when these first came out I really wanted one! I've never been a big fan of Gibson's faded finishes but this is a badass guitar

I bet it sounds super sweet through your FZ-1 with those pickups!

Re: Early Santa this year :)

JaviCAP
I've owned, purchased and sold many guitars in my life, but definetely, this Flying V is  one of the best sounding ones that I've ever tried.

When I played her unplugged at the pawn shpo I noticed that "something" in the sound and vibrations that very few times you feel (and hear) when you try a guitar, so it had to be mine.

I pushed really hard on the haggle, but I know that I would have paid the €700 that they were asking if there was not another way.

Travis, this guitar works really fine with old school germanium effects, (Maestro FZ-1a, Tonebender MKIII, Fuzz Faces and clones), and with Bif Muffs or with high gain ones (with the Toneczar is just unbeliable, and sounds really good with a Boss HM-2), but on the other hand does not sound very round with overdrives, medium distortion pedals or silicon fuzzes.

Really complex sounding guitar, would say that after my Les Paul custom, is the best sounding one that I own (and ten times cheaper!)

If you  find a faded Flying V like this, don't hesitate, just buy it. You won't regret!

J.

Re: Early Santa this year :)

you know javi, you keep making me drool when i see your flying v and now i have way too much gas to get one.....

Re: Early Santa this year :)

dbat69
Rocket - you know you REALLY NEED a V