Earthquaker Cloven Hoof

AntKnee
Been wanting to build this. Already have a Hoof layout, just not the Cloven Hoof.

Re: Earthquaker Cloven Hoof

adapt
had a look inside one. if i remember correctly, the major changes were:

- mpsa13 instead of the germaniums (q2 and q3)
- LEDs in q2 feedback path, but 1n4148s in q3 path
- carbon comp resistors in q2 and q3 feedback paths
- no 470p ceramic capacitor in q2 feedback path
- q1 and q4 are 2n5089

Re: Earthquaker Cloven Hoof

giudis
This post was updated on .
Great! Adapt could you tell me which are the resistors in Q2 and Q3 feedback paths here?
http://www.bigmuffpage.com/images/schematics/Hoof%20Schematic.jpg

Are they R15-R17 only?

Re: Earthquaker Cloven Hoof

Sphere80
This post was updated on .
BUMP -  from way back!
This would be cool to have verified, and pair up with the recent Tone Reaper.

In addition to the mods given above, the tone section seems to have been changed too: "...tone control has been refined to allow a more even sweep with enough mids to handle all the additional low end"

Re: Earthquaker Cloven Hoof

BassVD
I'm interested in this as well. The mods mentioned above are a good start, but it can't be that those are the only things that have been changed, or can it?

Re: Earthquaker Cloven Hoof

I went looking for a gutshot and can't find one. Reading the description it seems like they really didn't do a whole lot more then what was mentioned above. If someone can get a hold of one to verify and get a good shot of the board I'll gladly convert the hoof to cloven hoof.

Re: Earthquaker Cloven Hoof

anders
Bumping this one up, took a snapshot in the Pro Guitar Shop demo and edited it in Picasa.
Might shed some light of what the changes might be aside from what's been mentioned above.

and a comparison gut shot of the regular Hoof.

Re: Earthquaker Cloven Hoof

Sphere80
This newer Hoof board matches the Cloven above.