Earthquaker Devices Acapulco Gold

Re: Earthquaker Devices Acapulco Gold

my bad, for some reason i read that the chips were jrc4558's. i swear building so many effects i think my brain is starting to finish part numbers when i see the prefix. well it's that and probably too much time studying, my brain is fried.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Acapulco Gold

squirrels
It could just be my amp not getting along with certain pedals. The Red Llama sounded terrible through my OR15 but sounded good through the Cougar 5 I had for awhile.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Acapulco Gold

Synsound
I haven't been building much lately but I hope to do this one within the next couple of days. I'll try to toss some feedback into the forum as well.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Acapulco Gold

squirrels
I think it works right but I'm sure my rig is very finicky about what I run in front of it. I'd definitely be interested to hear other feedback on it. Maybe with other chips as well. I may have one LM386-N1 laying around. I know using an N4 in my Sonic Titan got rid of the fizz.

After reading the product page on the EQD site: http://earthquakerdevices.com/shop/Acapulco%20Gold/cat/13100 and watching the PGS demo again, it's meant to be used with the guitars volume control which I'm not really a fan of. So I'm thinking a pregain pot may work?

Re: Earthquaker Devices Acapulco Gold

squirrels
Here it is all boxed up with a pregain pot.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Acapulco Gold

johnk
yep. I added a pre-gain to mine too:

12