Earthquaker Devices Cloven Hoof - Verified

Earthquaker Devices Cloven Hoof - Verified

anders
This post was updated on .
THIS build doc at guitarpcbmania tells you how to turn a standard Hoof Fuzz into a Cloven Hoof. Basically you swap the germanium transistors for Darlingtons and 2N3904 transistors to 2N5089. Also, replace the LED's in the second clipping stage with 1N4148's and omit the BC cap at Q2.

Those changes morphed into this layout which is unverified at the moment.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Cloven Hoof

aelling
Seems you have Fuzz 2 going nowhere. Anyway, I build this using the standard Hoof from the main page, awesome take on the Muff circuit.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Cloven Hoof

anders
Oops! Thanks for the headsup. Layout updated.

And I totally agree with you on the original Hoof, it rocks!

Re: Earthquaker Devices Cloven Hoof

redredbettyz
Verified. Sounds huge!

Re: Earthquaker Devices Cloven Hoof

anders
Awesome man, thanks for verifying!

Re: Earthquaker Devices Cloven Hoof

HamishR
Yup - built pretty much as per your layout and all working.  :-)  Thanks Anders!

This is an interesting version of Muff.  I am more interested in the lower gain fuzzes and while this one gets plenty saturated it also gets relatively low gain sounds too.  The shift knob is a cool addition.