Earthquaker Devices Rainbow Machine

The Bathroom
Hey everybody, since my last post for the Orange emulator went so well (Huge shout out to Savvas and all the others who helped him out  ) I thought I'd request another and see what you all think? Also, a friend of mine showed me one of these and I thought it was super interesting.

There are two problems though: 1) I cannot find the schematics, but I know it's not SMT cause I saw pictures of the inside of one. 2) I'm not sure what the IC's are, and if they are a custom IC for that circuit. Guess the only way to tell is to have a schematic or to trace the PCB and make a copy of the layout.

Does anybody know if this effect is DIY possible?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRtm8GaarLA

Re: Earthquaker Devices Rainbow Machine

induction
IC's: It's mainly based around the Spin FV-1 DSP chip. It's also got a CD4049UB, and two TL074's.

There's a thread with gutshots on FSB, but it hasn't been reversed and nobody has reported making a workalike yet. (Also no activity on the thread for about a year now.) It's almost certainly DIYable, but it will require a lot of experimentation and design. It's not a connect-the-dots project yet.

The best guess at FSB is that it uses default Spin FV-1 programs, so no DSP processing should be required.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Rainbow Machine

The Bathroom
Okay I see. Thanks!

So assuming that the FV-1 uses the default programming, we could actually build it from the ground up yes? Someones should really upload better pictures of the layout.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Rainbow Machine

correct, if the programming is the default it can be cloned, if not which it usually isn't, it can not.