Earthquaker Devices Space Spiral with Pseudo Random Modulation

Earthquaker Devices Space Spiral with Pseudo Random Modulation

strangerscallmekenny
Hey there everyone :)

I loved the sound of the Space Spiral Layout that was recently uploaded to the main page and thought it might be fun to mess about with the LFO section. I thought a random LFO might be fun :)

I originally wired up a seperate layout of the GEOFX Pseudo Random LFO found here:
http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Pseudo-Random-LFO-td26994.html#a30638
and tweaked it for driving an LED LDR combo, then running the LDR in parallel to the time pot to modulate the delay time. I liked the sound a lot so I decided to make it into a layout with a few tweaks.

I took the original space spiral layout and added the Pseudo Random LFO in place of the original LFO. I also added the LED and LDR combo and changed the limiting resistors driving the LED so the LED was bright enough. I then added a fifth oscillator to add more randomness to the LFO.

I tried tayda LDRs and a GL5516, and some different coloured LEDs, but water-clears and diffused green seemed to work well.

I'm pretty amateur with DIYLC but I figured some might appreciate this during quarantine :)

Apologies for the standing resistors and dodgy depth 2 wire

I played around with it with the seperate LFO board, and it worked great, but for now this layout with them combined is unverified. I'll probably get round to wiring one up and verifying later this week.

KT

Re: Earthquaker Devices Space Spiral with Pseudo Random Modulation

KT
very cool. I've been wanting to build a little box with different kinds of LFOs that I could link to any pt2399 delay..