Echo Matic tape

Tune Tone
Hey Guys
as a part of my effinity and chasing after a DIY build of any kind of real tape echo I ran into this page online http://proto-schlock.blogspot.fr/2015/04/echo-matic-diy-tape-delay.html

can someone please convert this pcb pattern that they are posting into a vero board layout that would be reaaaaly helpful as I haven't experience yet with etching PCBs and I dont think I can take over it

cheers

Re: Echo Matic tape

Ciaran Haslett
Hi.

I did this with a mate as a summer project.  He etched his own but I drew him a vero just in case.  The vero is UNVERIFIED so I'd check it against the schematic before building

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Boscorelli-Echomatic-DIY-Tape-Delay-Build-Report-td32584.html

Re: Echo Matic tape

Tune Tone
Hey!
thank's so much yes I was putting my eyes on this demo on youtube. it sounds amazing
a few parts are missing in the puzzel.
Let's say I even decide to etch this pcb. it is still not so clear in which points the in / out jacks go.. as well as the potentiometers lugs.
So far I could only found the description of signal flow but not the electronic schematic

I think its from the stomp box cook book

 going for your vero version is possible of course but as you say - non verified.

btw -
is it true that this little mod would only work with 3 head tape recorders ? I thouht to try it out with my double tape deck which probably got 2 heads simply use L in L out to see if at least this work with one setting of speed

Re: Echo Matic tape

Ciaran Haslett
HERE is the schematic on madbeans forum.

The number of heads you need depends on the particular device you are using.  Some tape decks have a combination play/record head.  These wouldn't work as we need to be able to monitor whats coming off the tape and feed it BACK into the tape to generate our repeats.  So the machine has to be playing AND recording at the same time.

Machines with 3 heads allow you to do this...and all the Boscorelli circuit is doing is mixing the dry signal with whats coming off the tape AND feeding some back into the tape again.  It's just a mixer.  Looking at the linked schematic will make it more obvious.