Effector 13 Test Pattern

aelling
BetterOffShred asked for this, not much info on it but the schematic shows that it's a 33/Silver Crank going into a Soda Meiser with the chaos capacitor removed and a switch to lift ground from the SM.

R H demo

Layout (not verified)

Schematic

Re: Effector 13 Test Pattern

BetterOffShred
I bought one used and I've built the test pattern from hell, by godbox effects..   but the wiring never seems to work correctly.

I haven't tried super hard, but I'm curious to see if that helps.

Re: Effector 13 Test Pattern

aelling
I saw that schematic from GBFX but I figured I'd make a layout for the original. although, I just made a layout using the one above (well, almost, got it down to 16x9) but with the switches for chaos, noise & a voltage sag pot, although without the diode & caps I guess voltage protection of some sort (?).

Re: Effector 13 Test Pattern

BetterOffShred
Yeah man, mine sounds pretty legit.. I used the 2n3905 in the crank part.  It's fun with a Looper to build blip and squee loops and then play crusty riffs over.

Re: Effector 13 Test Pattern

aelling
So I found this wiring layout, do you have any idea on the spec for the photo eye? I can't find it at Allied Electronics.

Re: Effector 13 Test Pattern

BetterOffShred
Mouser has them.  I've been looking at building the truly beautiful disaster... but I don't think anyone ever really completed the trace.  There's some ideas out there

Re: Effector 13 Test Pattern

aelling
I guess I should ask if you have a datasheet for it, I use banzaimusic for these kind of things as I live in EU. They have about 40 of these and they show something like this "Photoresistor, 100mW, 150VDC. Light resistance: 150-300k. Dark resistance:20 M." So which one should I choose?

I'm not so much interested in the truly beautiful disaster but the spectacular aenima, maybe make a spectacular torn's peaker or spectacular us fuzz.

Re: Effector 13 Test Pattern

BetterOffShred
I think the gs5549 (maybe 39..) would work fine.  It's like 10M or higher full dark. Light resist will be like 20k.  I'm in bed so I'll have to look it up tomorrow

Re: Effector 13 Test Pattern

BetterOffShred
It's an NSL-4532 Which is .4M min dark (so the 500k dark variety is good here) which I believe are the GL5516.   though I'd socket it and test if you're going to use a lens or cover.  The 5528 is 1M

Re: Effector 13 Test Pattern

aelling
Thank, I'll just buy a couple different ones and try them out.