Expression Input

bigzed900
Hi All, I want to add a passive expression input in to a Filter pedal. The Filter pot is B100K and the Rez Pot is B2MB. So first question is do I use the Filet or the Rez control to be expressionable and secondly I have installed a stereo socket which breaks the contacts going to the Filter pot, would I also have to add a trim pot to bring the Expression pedal within that range? I'd like it to be universal and some Ex Peds have 10K or 25K, some even 50K. Any advice or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
Cheers
Bill