Face-Bender

As requested by Salmon. The Face-Bender, with a few changes suggested by induction. I did not build it, so it's not verified yet.

Re: Face-Bender

Don't try busing this yet. I made a few small mistakes I have to correct. Will post the new one later and delete the one above.

Re: Face-Bender

Re: Face-Bender

jalmonsalmon
Woot!  thanks for this
I will make this one tomorrow on vero and see how it goes and report back!

Re: Face-Bender

johnk
I also drew one up for it. I haven't built it yet but i'm pretty sure that it's correct.

Re: Face-Bender

damn john.  that is so much smaller then mine, i really need to keep practicing to i can get better.

Re: Face-Bender

johnk
I just built it and it does work, however because fuzz faces and tone benders have completely different biases it's not really a two-in-one pedal.
to do it right, personally, i'd just build two separate boards (one optimized for each circuit) and then mount them both in a single enclosure, since a tone bender is not just a fuzz face with an added transistor like this circuit tires to be.

Re: Face-Bender

induction
If this is something you really want to make, it can be done. You can solve the bias issues by using a DPDT for the tonbebender/fuzzface selector switch. Use the first pole to select the input point and the second pole to swap the Q3 emitter resistor  If you find it necessary to swap the Q2 emitter resistor as well, you can use a 3PDT.

Re: Face-Bender

johnk
yep, you're absolutely correct, and  I thought about doing that, but since I've already built both pedals separately, i'm not going to mess with it.

Re: Face-Bender

induction
Same here. Just thought I'd mention it in case someone was really keen on the two-in-one idea.

Re: Face-Bender

jalmonsalmon
Tried this one out and it is an interesting build.
It sort of works but I see I will have to tweak it some more and try out the toggle switch for
the transistors...  Still not too bad but different from the true pedals.

Re: Face-Bender

Re: Face-Bender

jalmonsalmon
 Oh I mean tweaking the bias resistors for Q2c and Q3c for my transistors.
But other then that I like it!
I just posted a layout called a Brick Bender that I saw on another forum but made it 1590b friendly since the only other layout I saw will only fit in a 1590BB
Hopefully there are no errors since I have not had a chance to make it

Cheers!