Face Melter

Re: Face Melter

Strassercaster1
Voltages are within .06v of the others that I have made . I put a treble bleed on my strat it has an HS-2 in the neck and a lil 59 Humbucker for bridge . I just used a 100pf across the non grounded terminal me on the pot . Maybe it is the guitar but why only in this particular build . I have had a couple builds that squealed when I turn guitar volume down .

I have had several builds doing some oscillating lately . Maybe my treble bleed is causing issues . Ever heard of such a thing ?

Re: Face Melter

Svullgo
Hi guys, sorry for the late reply.
I got Anders first layout working (when changing from pin 3 to pin 2)
My issue where a bad Q2 so when I changed that everything works great!

Thanks for all the layouts and help everybody!

Re: Face Melter

Strassercaster1
Cool man ! It’s even more satisfying when there a few bumps along the way ha ha .

Re: Face Melter

Svullgo
Haha Exactly! :-)

Re: Face Melter

Strassercaster1
Well 5th time was a charm . I had the 47uf on the bottom right in the wrong hole . It looked to be seated right but was bent and in 2nd last hole . It looked fine from both sides because I had reflowed several times do to earlier issue that weee sorted out . So it’s kicking ass now ! I really like this circuit . It’s warm spongy edgy . Lacks a little  low mid but in a mix it’s perfect !

Re: Face Melter

Strassercaster1
Heads up there has been an update to this schematic . Free stomp box forum has came to the conclusion that the Treble pot is not A100k ! It should be a A10k . It makes sense it seemed to have a bit to much treble . I was using the treble at about 9 o’clock

Re: Face Melter

Teddeeh
So i placed the 9v and ground to your second layout (anders) and i get what would be expected to be the low gain side. When the switch is engaged theres horrendous oscollation when the gain is turned up. Any suggestions??

Re: Face Melter

Teddeeh
Any eyes for help with the second anders version?

Re: Face Melter

Smash54
I was thinking of trying to build this Pedal this weekend anyone know of a Layout that works.

Re: Face Melter

Hozy31
The second layout by anders is the one that worked for me. I could never get mine to work, don't know why.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Face Melter

Smash54
When looking at the Schematic why did they only use half the IC never seen this before. Are their any other Pedals like this one.

Re: Face Melter

monasfx
Built anders' version #2 but when flipping the switch the board starts oscillating and the distortion sounds very compressed. Weird that adding 4 components in the signal path can cause such oscillation. I'll inspect the board again but at first glance nothing seems wrong. When the switch is not engaged board sounds fine.

Re: Face Melter

Smash54
I cant get any signal to pass R21 the 1K resistor any ideas on what the check

Re: Face Melter

monasfx
Tried it on a loud amp and a guitar with humbuckers, no oscillation. Apparently it doesn't like single coils and amps on bedroom volume. I consider that a plus actually.
12