Favorite tiny circuits? (what to do with leftover Vero pieces)

Favorite tiny circuits? (what to do with leftover Vero pieces)

Fredrik Fencke
I, and I'm sure a lot of you guys as well, always end up with these small leftover stripboard pieces that I never really know what to do with. I've found a couple of small circuits that I've built and really like, but I was hoping to get some more tips.

I've built a Lovepedal Deluxe 60 - which is a great, pretty clean boost - and a EHX Screaming Bird. After a lot of messing around with the capacitor values, it turned into a really nice treble booster. I've also built a One Knob Fuzz, which is pretty cool and a tiny circuit as well.

Any other suggestions to check out?

Re: Favorite tiny circuits? (what to do with leftover Vero pieces)

Sphere80
Daughter boards for clipping / capacitor rotary switches,   charge pumps,  add-on buffers-  Those are things I would have had to cut a small piece of board for anyway.

Re: Favorite tiny circuits? (what to do with leftover Vero pieces)

Ravenswerld
Eqd speaker cranker!

Re: Favorite tiny circuits? (what to do with leftover Vero pieces)

Fredrik Fencke
Oh, yeah - I was looking at that one the other day. Seems pretty cool!

Re: Favorite tiny circuits? (what to do with leftover Vero pieces)

kirshman
How small?  there's the germanium giant in the forums, travis just posted a rangemaster in the forum as well.  There're some small fuzzface boards, and the red lama is pretty small.

Re: Favorite tiny circuits? (what to do with leftover Vero pieces)

BetterOffShred
Si percolator, DC filtering boards, bellows,  Devi 33,  diode clipping boards for a rotary, input cap board for effects that like that (rangemaster etc) .. I like to use them for utility stuff, I have a bunch I mounted different size trimpots on, and then I can toss them in an experimental location on a circuit and see what's best.

Re: Favorite tiny circuits? (what to do with leftover Vero pieces)

traktop
This post was updated on .
Regarding the leftover vero pieces, I´ve got enough for tiling 3 bathrooms...
I use to buy veroboards from tayda, (the big ones), whose will let me build a couple of bigmuffs and stuff like that, but I always end up with small larger than taller pieces of vero.

Someone menctioned above the deviever stuff; Hyperion, and Sodameiser layouts, (and all their variants), are great for that size.

One knob fuzess are very nice as well.

Loved the nagaviper; silicon rangemaster clone with input cap blender tone control, which is great for tuning your own frequency response.

Take a look to the Lovepedal stuff. They have a bunch of tiny boards too.

And if you are planning on building pharaoh/LSTR fuzzes, don´t miss this:

Re: Favorite tiny circuits? (what to do with leftover Vero pieces)

Fredrik Fencke
Same here - buying big boards and I have so many 9xsomething or 11xsomething pieces. I just started on a Hyperion, actually. Just have to get the transistors for it...

I've never heard of the Naga Viper, but that one looks really interesting. I do like the Rangemaster a lot. And treble boosters in general.

Re: Favorite tiny circuits? (what to do with leftover Vero pieces)

traktop
This post was updated on .
I have the nagaviper as a "more" pedal before other drives and worked just great with cranked amps.

Regarding the hyperion, adding a couple of cuts on the board and connecting a switch, you can make a silver crank, (33), and a switchable dark boost before it, which would make the hyperion.
I have the silver crank internally wired for always maximun pregain, as less than that made it to gated and barely usable with my single coils, (for gated fuzz I much prefer the US fuzz). This pedal alone worked great with the naga viper before it.
I´ve installed an output volume at the end of the dark boost as a "postgain" control. That way you can control "how much" of a dark boost you through in. There´s a lot of cool shades of gain inside that combo before you reach full blast.

Re: Favorite tiny circuits? (what to do with leftover Vero pieces)

Fredrik Fencke
Nice, that's how I use treble boosters too. On the board I gig with, I prefer a drive pedal with a relatively flat EQ in combination with a couple of different boosters to shape the tone. Right now, I'm using a Voodoo Labs Overdrive I built, with a treble booster before it to push it harder for more gain, and some kind of tube screamer (at the moment a Lovepedal Eternity Burst I built) after it for a solo boost. I'm definitely looking in to the Naga Viper!