Fdeck's HPF-Pre

inefficiency
Hello fellas.

I play a bit of double bass from time to time, and getting the damn thing loud without it constantly woofing with uncontrollable feedback has always been an issue.

Many guy swear by Fdeck's HPF-Pre, which is an open design for anyone to use - but it would seem that no-one has posted a vero layout for it yet.

Here is the schematic along with a lot of other technical stuff. It would help me a great deal to get this on to vero and I'm sure it would help a lot of other guys out there.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxocGZ0ZWNobGxjfGd4OjQyNGJhOWE3YzdjMDY0ODg

Re: Fdeck's HPF-Pre

Alex
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Fdeck's HPF-Pre

inefficiency
Awesome! Thank-you very much sir!

I'm sure I could probably figure something out with the LED. I sometimes use my bass with effects, so I might even make this a pedal, so it'll probably be hooked up to a power supply and I can just wire the LED up in the usual manner with a footswitch or just straight to the 9V with a resistor if I decide it doesn't need a switch as it might just always be on.

I'll need to get some transistors because I don't have any of those ones. Do you know anything I could substitute for the 2n4416? My normal supplier doesn't seem to have any and I don't want to get ripped off on ebay...

Re: Fdeck's HPF-Pre

johnk
I drew that one up and posted it quite a while ago, so here's my vero for it:

Re: Fdeck's HPF-Pre

inefficiency
Oh wow. Was that on this site? Nice!

Cheers John!

I've never used a dual gang pot before, is A the top row and B the bottom row with the shaft pointing upwards? Or vice versa?

Re: Fdeck's HPF-Pre

johnk
it doesn't really matter which level you call A or B since they're the same value and both linear.

Re: Fdeck's HPF-Pre

inefficiency
Ok, that makes sense. Cheers John!

Re: Fdeck's HPF-Pre

Alex
Hi!
I've deleted my layout. Easier to use John's since it looks better and it's already verified.

Re: Fdeck's HPF-Pre

johnk
albru80 wrote
Hi!
I've deleted my layout. Easier to use John's since it looks better and it's already verified.
yeah, but IIRC yours was a little smaller.

Re: Fdeck's HPF-Pre

Alex
Only because I've used standing resistors.
Plus I've used GDS for the JFETs' pinout which wouldn't have suited the 2n3819.

Re: Fdeck's HPF-Pre

johnk
a couple of pics of my completed HPF:

Re: Fdeck's HPF-Pre

inefficiency
Neat as always, sir!

Re: Fdeck's HPF-Pre

inefficiency
I've been having some real trouble getting this one working for some reason.

I've tried every transistor combination possible out of the ones listed and when I couldn't get it working I even built a second one from scratch and still nothing.

This is the one build I've done that I have no idea what is wrong.