Fender Bassman Preamp Sim

jaylow
I'm starting to dig Brian Setzer's tone. I've already built the Nocture Brain Seltzer pedal and it sounds wonderful (except I find that the tone pot does not do anything to the tone of the guitar).
I was wondering what else I could do to simulate his tone then I saw the professor tweed circuit from ROG (http://www.runoffgroove.com/professor.html) and was wondering if it might be possible to do something similar with the '63 bassman's preamp circuit. (http://www.prowessamplifiers.com/schematics/fender/Bassman_6g6b-Schematic.html)

If the '63 bassman preamp can't be done, would it be possible to request the professor tweed in a compact stripboard format?

Re: Fender Bassman Preamp Sim

mirosol
Administrator
Just posted the "Professor Tweed".

Translating tube circuit to vero with JFETs isn't that simple :) Although those are relatively good analogy, the JFET does not work 1:1 with tubes. I believe ROG has spent hours and hours on development to get their circuits to work...
+m
fyaelectronics.com

Re: Fender Bassman Preamp Sim

jaylow
Thank you! Now I need to go find a way to make more space on my pedal board...