Fender Blues Junior Reverb Pedal with Dwell, Tone and Mix

Fender Blues Junior Reverb Pedal with Dwell, Tone and Mix

frontsideboneless
I want to adapt this circuit for use as a standalone effect for use in front of an amplifier (like a pedal).

I wish to have the same controls as the 6G15 Fender Reverb Unit (Dwell, Tone and Mix) and change the input and output impedances to allow me to use with a tank with 600ohm input and 2250ohm output impedance. (I have a 1EB2C1A laying around in a broken amp).

Which components would I need to modify to achieve this? Is this even possible?

The image of the schematic below is an .svg so I can't embed it, sorry.
https://www.amplifiedparts.com/sites/all/modules/custom/tech_corner/img/spring_reverbs_fender_blues_junior.svg

I plan on using this bipolar voltage converter with 1N4001 diodes to create +15V and -15V however many in the comments have mentioned that they are still getting +17V and -17V despite using 1N4001 diodes, how can I avoid this happening to me?

Should I be worried about the IC overheating? I can't find any DIP-8 heatsinks anywhere...

What kind of current would these circuits together draw?

Thanks, I'm completely in the dark when it comes to this kind of thing, so your help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Fender Blues Junior Reverb Pedal with Dwell, Tone and Mix

Axldeziak
No idea about the rest of it but when you run into things like the .svg file, just do a print screen save.

Re: Fender Blues Junior Reverb Pedal with Dwell, Tone and Mix

Silver Blues
There shouldn't be a problem with the 17v output of the charge pump, the TL072 is rated for a supply voltage of 36v, meaning that in a bipolar layout you can run up to +/-18v and it should be okay. That's pushing the envelope a little bit, if you're concerned you can tack a couple of 78L15 regulators at the output of the charge pump to ensure you're only getting 15v out.

Re: Fender Blues Junior Reverb Pedal with Dwell, Tone and Mix

frontsideboneless
I've just found that the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe uses the same type of reverb tank that I have to use in this build. I think it's probably best if I design my project around this circuit instead.

This circuit is extremely similar to the one in the Blues Junior but I am unsure of the purpose of R40 and C28 and intersected point.

I don't know much about amps but because the reverb circuit is before the power amp is it at instrument level? i know that the preamp section provides gain but doesn't the 1M resistor pull this back down so the reverb driver doesn't overload/clip? Wouldn't this mean that this circuit is suitable for use as a pedal like effect?

(picture is quite small, full HRD schematic here: https://www.thetubestore.com/lib/thetubestore/schematics/Fender/Fender-Hot-Rod-Deluxe-Schematic.pdf)

Re: Fender Blues Junior Reverb Pedal with Dwell, Tone and Mix

Silver Blues
That intersection looks to me like just a couple of low-pass filters, where the dry signal is filtered by the R40-C28 filter (cuts off at 15.4 kHz) and the wet output is filtered by the R38-C28 filter (cuts off at 7.2 kHz), but I'm no expert on reverb drivers so someone correct me if I'm wrong.