Filter with very slow LFO

heuermh
When running my guitar through my modular synthesizer I like to use a filter driven by a very slow LFO, specifically the nonlinearcircuits sloth

http://nonlinearcircuits.blogspot.com/2014/09/sloth-chaos.html

The sloth LFO is very slow and is chaotic.

I wonder, might anyone like to help me adapt this for guitar pedal usage and then use it to modulate a simple LPF or HPF?

Another interesting idea would be to use it to modulate the bias in a fuzz that is very sensitive to mis-biasing.

Re: Filter with very slow LFO

andrea83
Hi! It's an interesting project and it looks like it's an easy circuit. Do you have the schematic?

Re: Filter with very slow LFO

heuermh
There is one in the original build docs, not sure it would be appropriate to post here.  The circuit would need to be adapted from -12v/+12v eurorack power supply to 0v/+9v, and then I guess the output would have to be DC offset and run into a vactrol or LED/LDR.

Re: Filter with very slow LFO

andrea83
sorry maybe it's me but I can't find the build docs..

Re: Filter with very slow LFO

lborl
It's freely hosted on the designer's linked site so I'll take the risk of being a bastard and share it:

http://www.sdiy.org/pinky/data/SLOTH%20schematic%20and%20BOM.pdf

Re: Filter with very slow LFO

andrea83
oh thank you!