Finished Enclosures Thread

squirrels
I noticed there isn't a thread to show finished enclosures (I may have missed it though, there are A LOT of topics here) so I figured i would start one. Everyone has a different method based on availability of materials, skill level and comfort level so this could be a learning tool as well as a place to show your pedals off. I hand paint mine with acrylics and use gloss enamel to clear coat them. I still have an Earthquaker Ghost Echo and Way Huge Aquapuss to finish but here is what I currently have:

Earthquaker Crimson Drive and DAM Sonic Titan

PaulC. Timmy and Earthquaker Talons

Black Arts Black Forest/Ritual combo and Fuzzhugger Algal Bloom

Black Arts LSTR (w/ Pharaoh switching) and Dwarfcraft Shiva

Earthquaker Bitcommander and Fuzzhugger Phantom Octave (my first build)

Frequency Central Causality 4 and Monster Effects Swamp Thang

Fulltone OCD EHX Civil War Muff

DAM Meathhead Dark, Mid-Fi Peace Gun and a Son of Screamer/Eternity hybrid

Let's see what everyone else has.

Re: Finished Enclosures Thread

Beaker
There is a sticky thread at the top of the Open Chat section called "Show your pedal guts", used to post photos of pedal innards and outer graphics / artwork too.

Your artwork is great. I wish I could do the same but my art talent is less than a half blind arthritic donkey. Nice work!

Re: Finished Enclosures Thread

squirrels
I glanced at that one and thought it was mostly for gut shots. I saw that you mentioned it on the Algal Bloom thread. I'll move it over to there tonight.

Re: Finished Enclosures Thread

squirrels
Thanks by the way.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 21, 2015, at 12:48 PM, Beaker [via Guitar FX Layouts] <[hidden email]> wrote:

There is a sticky thread at the top of the Open Chat section called "Show your pedal guts", used to post photos of pedal innards and outer graphics / artwork too.

Your artwork is great. I wish I could do the same but my art talent is less than a half blind arthritic donkey. Nice work!

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Finished-Enclosures-Thread-tp24572p24573.html
To unsubscribe from Finished Enclosures Thread, click here.
NAML

Re: Finished Enclosures Thread

M. Spencer
Really cool work! What's your process with the gloss enamel?

Also, where did you get the Bit Commander vero layout? Or did you use a PCB?

Re: Finished Enclosures Thread

squirrels
Thanks. It's just gloss spray enamel. Usually six or seven coats total. After it gets built up a bit, I sand it back so it's smooth and you really don't feel the texture from the acrylic paint underneath. I only paint the tops and I don't prime the metal. I just scuff it up really well before I paint with the acrylics. I usually just use tattoos and tattoo art as a jumping off point. I really need to get a Walking Dead themed paint job done.

The Bitcommander was made with Alex80's layout found in the Verified Layouts under Ringmod and Bit Crushers. Great layout and effect.

Re: Finished Enclosures Thread

M. Spencer
Beautiful, thanks!