First Layout Attempt - EWS Fuzzy Drive - Comments/Criticisms Appreciated!

First Layout Attempt - EWS Fuzzy Drive - Comments/Criticisms Appreciated!

JabboWookie
Since this is essentially a modified Black Cat OD-1, I started with the posted layout and tried to modify it to the Fuzzy Drive schematic. I'm sure it's a bit of a mess, but if somebody could take a look at it I would greatly appreciate it. Let me know if something is off or if I can make it better/smaller. Thanks!

Here's my request thread with schematic:

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/EWS-Fuzzy-Drive-td43625.html

Re: First Layout Attempt - EWS Fuzzy Drive - Comments/Criticisms Appreciated!

There's a few things not right.  You have the 130K, 10p and 10K all in parallel with each other on the right hand side of the board, and Tone 2 and Tone 3 linked.  That's wrong.

Tone 1 should be the other side of the 10K and then the junction of the 10K and 130K should have a 100n cap to the output of the other opamp.  That isn't right either.  And as an aside you're missing a cut under the 130K.

I think they're pretty big issues which will require you to change quite a lot of the layout so I'd suggest fixing those so we can look at the rest of it.

Re: First Layout Attempt - EWS Fuzzy Drive - Comments/Criticisms Appreciated!

JabboWookie
Ok, thanks. I'm not great at reading schematics yet so I guess I'm having trouble trying to fgiure out how that tone section should look. To me it looked like the 10p and 130k were in parallel, but I wasn't sure how they hooked up to the 6.8n-Tone 2 and the 10k-Tone 3. I'll give it another go.

Also, I do have a 100n right under the TL071 that I thought I had correct. That should be the one linking the two opamps.

Do the changes to the Black Cat portion look correct?

Thanks for the feedback!

Re: First Layout Attempt - EWS Fuzzy Drive - Comments/Criticisms Appreciated!

JabboWookie
This post was updated on .
Attempt #2

Any better?