First Wah. Whale sound. Bad sound...

nonost
I'm having problems with my first wah. I'm building this:

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3C7sB06y_7c/WMIkTOoozFI/AAAAAAAAA9w/CpgPe_6xkhouLKlWO3OE9m3jSmXlazBnwCLcB/s1600/Colorsound%2BInductor%2BWah.png

I'm having a "whale" alike sound. Bad sound. The thing is, if I flip the transistors I get the wah sound. It sounds like a wah but with low volume.

What's going on?

Here the voltages with correct (?) orientation. Whale crazy sound:

Q1   0.85v
       0.6v
       0v

Q2   9v
       0.8v
       0.3v

Here the voltages flipping transistors. Wah sound with low volume:

Q1   6v
       0.550v
       0v

Q2   9v
       2.2v
       1.6v

I tried plenty of transistors with same result. Pretty weird.

Re: First Wah. Whale sound. Bad sound...

Muadzin
To you it may sound bad, but to Pink Floyd it was the basis for a new song. And the Pink Floyd whale sound (as on middle part of Echoes) came about when a roadie connected Gilmour's wah the other way round. Previous pedal into output and next pedal into input. Maybe you got your in- and output reversed?

Re: First Wah. Whale sound. Bad sound...

Chris S
I have been able to get a kind of whale sound on my Wah by going in and out on the wrong jacks. Just double check the solution isn’t as simple as getting the in and out sockets mixed up.

Re: First Wah. Whale sound. Bad sound...

iceberg478
... and more at Kobe Boutmans login. I can't log in to Hotmail. hotmail login . nl Article from. I can't login to Hotmail - Hotmail Login​ . Hotmail Inloggen