I know, I know, nobody here slept because of the lack of updates in this thread eh??
Wanna know how it went with my first build?
Well, it went bad!!!
At the end of the board population (yes exactly at the end...) I realized I cut the stripboard the wrong way: columns at row's place and viceversa... So, i unsoldered everything (luckily I too use sockets), cut a new 20x12 and started over again. But the pedal is not working as expected, well, it's not working at all, no sound is coming from the effect beside the bypass mode... It's not the switch cause I tested it and even connected the citcuit directly to the jacks, so it's probably something wrong on the board, and right now I do not want to troubleshoot the components (also tried to switch the IC), I'll probably rebuild it again in the "next future" from scratch.
Anyway, after the failure I started and completed the "Black Cat OD", this little beast is working fine (still have to test it at proper volume, but...it'sworking!), so I could prove to myself to be able at least to complete a small project!
To reply to Jon, I noticed the difficulties in soldering this tiny little spots, but didn't have so much problems, I didn't create any bridges (as far as I can tell) and the Black Cat seems to work as expected. Don't wanna say I'm great with the solder iron, but at least it didn't seem much different to me than soldering a effect kit's PCB. Anyway, I'll probably find out how good I am with my next one, still have to decide between Menatone Red Snapper 3 knobs or Maxon 808.
So, end of the first chapter in my stripboard experience, I have to say that, even if I swore a lot and my girl did not talk to me for 12 hours, it was really, really fun!
Thanks again Mark and everybody to contribute to this site!