Fjord Fuzz Mjølner

f1Y6e1
Hi

I´ve been lurking around here for some time now. Thanks for everyting you´ve shared.
 Found this schematic on his Instagram. I have it on my breadboard. No pink leds in the bin, trying other diodes. Considering a powersupply filtercap, makes it a little bit less wild. Sounds cool so far.Fjord Fuzz Mjølner

Re: Fjord Fuzz Mjølner

BetterOffShred
Dope!  Sounds fun.. I ordered 50 pink ultra bright a while back.. what luck.

Re: Fjord Fuzz Mjølner

f1Y6e1
Built it with 47u powerfiltering. Two germanium diodes. Tried it now, and I think I like it. I like it more with the germanium diodes rather than silicon. Smoothes the wild side of this. Tried some other transistors as well and I used two with lower gain somewhere. Can’t remeber where.

Re: Fjord Fuzz Mjølner

BetterOffShred
Yeah I built it, it's pretty fun.  I may stick some diodes on a toggle, the pink sounds good, but I'll socket some stuff.

I also think it may need a different taper on the bias pot.. It gates below like 85% .. I'll try a reverse audio and then maybe an audio wired up backwards.. I like the idea of "turning up the gate" ..   Thanksfor the build.  It's a fun one and going to get boxed since my X-fuzz is too damn noisy.

Re: Fjord Fuzz Mjølner

f1Y6e1
Cool. I like to.  It’s the only fuzz, without germanium transistors that i’ve built and like, so far..