Fuchs Audio Plush Cream TRACED

Ciaran Haslett
A friend dropped this in today as it was taking notions on when it decided to turn on or not (turned out to be a  poor solder joint on the main board GND connection).  I had a look around the forums for a schematic and notice it hadn't been traced yet, although people suspected it was a Tube Screamer.

Had to take off some goop.  It was a vinyl like paint and came off really easily, to the point of why bother!

First the marketing...

"The Tube Screamer might be the most popular and famous overdrive pedal ever made. Made popular by SRV and countless others, the TS-808 (and its derivatives) have become legendary. When we designed the Plush® Cream™, we sought to produce a pedal with the 3-knob simplicity of this classic pedal, while refining the overall design to modern boutique standards. In addition to the selected Integrated circuit, we carefully chose each resistor and capacitor to voice the Cream™ to be quiet, smooth yet articulate, and dynamic. It responds well to both picking strength and guitar volume, and, best of all, it feels like a tube amp. The gain control takes you from a mild edge to the hardest scream. The tone control takes you from a warm "woman tone" to a screaming lead tone with just the right amount of sparkle. Choose your tone, then set your level with the output control and rock on!"

So what did Andy design......?

........a Tube Screamer, buffers and all!

To be fair, it's definitely less nasally than the TS and there are a few value differences, asymmetrical clipping etc, and I much preferred this to any other TS I've played...but yeah...YATS.

Anyone want to do a layout?  I kinda lost the will when I seen where the trace was going.

Re: Fuchs Audio Plush Cream TRACED

haha, kinda sad no? what's really sad is andy bought the rights to the Plush Amp name, and hasn't come out with any new or reissue Plush amps. hopefully i'm not the only one that's rather taken by them. they were all basically fender clones, few component changes, but were massive sounding, and had tuck and roll covering. the early ones were point-to-point, but then switched to cheap PCBs that were known to catch fire. the cabinets were 2x15s or 3x15s. i saw one later one for sale with 2 matching 3x15s, that i regret not jumping on just for the sake of why the hell not, but couldn't do it cause it was a PCB version.

anywho, i'll add it to my layout list and shouldn't take long to do. i mean, can we really have too many tubescreamers?