Fulltone Mas Malo - Verified

anders
Here is a verified layout of Foolton...ahem Fulltone Mas Malo which is a quite good sounding Big Muff variant. Input stage has a "Hot" control and the output stage is powered by a J Fet just like BJF Fire Red Fuzz.
I had some issues with fizz and oscillation with all pots dimed, swapped out trannies multiple times but no dice. I decided to tweak the Miller cap  at the first clipping stage. With a 1,2nF cap the oscillation and most of the fizz was gone without altering the sound of the pedal.

HERE is a schematic for reference.

Re: Fulltone Mas Malo - Verified

pwurso
1.2 nF works, but it does remove a lot of high end, noticeably with lower gain. I’ve found that adding a 120pF in parallel with the cap at Q3 gives the best results. Adding more than 180pF the sound gets too muffled to my ears. The “liveliness“ goes away.