Fuzz Factory in a 1590A

JaviCAP
Administrator
Hi mates!

Let me show you my last challenguer: To build a Fuzz Factory in a 1590A. Using a modified Sabro's layout, and selecting acurate components and an extensive use of a rular and marker.... finally here is it!

Imposible? No way!

Hope you like it!

Re: Fuzz Factory in a 1590A

imre
Woooh, that's amazing!! Crazy man that Javi..
although I'm not sure if saving vertical space is the first thing I'd need to do on my pedalboard... Well anyway, I know magicians does not share their secrets but please please could we please have some gut shots? You've done some pretty decent work there man!

Re: Fuzz Factory in a 1590A

alltrax74
All this is very weel Javi, but you know we want the gut shots don't you ?

Re: Fuzz Factory in a 1590A

JaviCAP
Administrator
No secret here guys, just measures, 9mm pots and SFT343 trannies (no room for russian UFOs :P

Re: Fuzz Factory in a 1590A

Surgeon
Very nice, quite impressive!
However, how is the stomping on? I mean the switch is quite close to the knobs, it is a problem?

Again, you rock man!

Re: Fuzz Factory in a 1590A

JaviCAP
Administrator
The stomping is very difficult as you supposed, but is not much easier  in the original or in the Box of Rock, as many people complain about this issue on Zvex effects.

A good point is that the Fuzz Factory is not really a live effect, more  a recording  / practise one.

The real thing about this pedal is that I wanted to build it from long, long  ago. It was  a challengue for me to be able to build it, and finally I got it :)

BR

Re: Fuzz Factory in a 1590A

Madferret
My hat goes off to you javi, that's an excellent build.

Re: Fuzz Factory in a 1590A

GoranP

Very cool, Javi! If I ever take on the A's, I'm sure I'll be doing it in SMD.

Re: Fuzz Factory in a 1590A

Stinger25
That's absolutely insane!!!
Cool graphics and amazing build!!!

Re: Fuzz Factory in a 1590A

Surgeon
100% with you Javi... the original pedals aren't convenient really... that's why I built my BoR in a 125b instead, the extra space is just perfect.

Again, it wasn't anything negative towards your build, it's impressive to say the least.

I wish I could build anything a quarter that cool... congrats!

Re: Fuzz Factory in a 1590A

JaviCAP
Administrator
My BOR is built too in a 125b :) Need to purchase some more 125b's, is not a very used enclosure, but for many builds, the 1590B is too tight and the BB too huge.

Don't worry, I didn't take your comment as something negative, it was just a question about operation and usability.

Really, in these terms, the Factory 1590A in a nonsense but as a sheer fancy is geat. I've received two purchase orders since it was published this afternoon on my Facebook page :)

BR

Re: Fuzz Factory in a 1590A

jsetov
Way impressive man!

Re: Fuzz Factory in a 1590A

Vince
That's awesome, Javi!... What pots do you use? are they those tiny PCB pots?

Re: Fuzz Factory in a 1590A

JaviCAP
Administrator
Thanks guys!

Yes Vince, these ones to be exact:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/350695015768?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1538wt_1163

That are exactly the same that I used to purchase to a Glasgow seller but inculing s&h.... at twice the chinese price  :P

BR

Re: Fuzz Factory in a 1590A

Vince
Cool. I might grab a few of those and try some mini ones...

You should link your Facebook page

Re: Fuzz Factory in a 1590A

JaviCAP
Administrator
I thought that I had published it before but it seems I forgot about it:

https://www.facebook.com/CapIncEffects

BR

Re: Fuzz Factory in a 1590A

Vince
''Sorry this page is not available''

Found it, had to type it in manually...

https://www.facebook.com/CapIncEffects?fref=ts

Re: Fuzz Factory in a 1590A

JaviCAP
Administrator
Thanks Vice :) Don't know why the direct link does not work.....

Re: Fuzz Factory in a 1590A

Geiri
Dude that looks fucking amazing!!
www.pedalprojects.com