Fuzz War and other DBA pedals

Tune Tone
Hey..
So I did a little search on the net.. and this layout here which is apparently unverified is the only one I found.

Fuzz War Layout (unverified)

I think I would like to try it out anyway. Does someone have experience with this preceis layout ? any ideas why it is unverified ? .. what could be the tapper of the potis mentioned, any guess ??

does anyone have other sources for other DBA pedals, rather then those on this website ? that would be pretty awesome

thanks a lot!

Re: Fuzz War and other DBA pedals

There are two verified layouts for the fuzz war on here. Just search for them in the search bar. JohnK did 2 layouts, older 7 transistor version & newer 4 transistor version. The problem with DBA is that a lot of their pedals when they're traced don't work right when reverse engineered. Sometimes it's the transistors they use, sometimes the pedal is completely different between 2 of the same model, sometimes it's like they just throw parts together randomly, so they're kind of a crap shoot. There are a few posted on the main page that are verified that you might want to look into.

Re: Fuzz War and other DBA pedals

Tune Tone
are you sure you dont mean a different DBA pedal ? I can find 7 different ones on this site... but not the Fuzz War.
I am going to start with the easiest (seems to me at least) pedal which is the Interstaller Overdrive. Parts are ordered.
Still, my main goal with experimenting fuzz is to build the odd harmonic ones like many DBA effects..

could you link me to the Fuzz War layout by JohnK ?

thanks
A.

Re: Fuzz War and other DBA pedals

boratto
hi
try a search in this forum

Re: Fuzz War and other DBA pedals

Type 'fuzz war' into the search bar just to the right of the thread title on this page. You'll find lots of hits including several vero layouts.