Fuzzhugger Doom Bloom Query

music6000
Hi
   Is the massive 4.7uF between Level 3 & High1/Body2& 3  suppose to be 4.7nf?

Cheers music6000

Re: Fuzzhugger Doom Bloom Query

Not sure what layout you're looking at, but iit you look at the one I posted on the main page you'll see its 4.7nF.

Re: Fuzzhugger Doom Bloom Query

music6000
I am looking at the Main Page and it still says 4.7uF Cap BETWEEN Level 3 & High 1 & Body 2.

Regards music6000

Re: Fuzzhugger Doom Bloom Query

I just checked. When I clicked on it it shows 4.7nF like it should. I'll reupload the layout, they're may be a glitch and it's loading before the last revision. Thanks for the heads up on the error man.

Re: Fuzzhugger Doom Bloom Query

music6000
Hi
   What does the FSB optional 1K resistor do to Bloom on the Gain structure.

Cheers music6000

Re: Fuzzhugger Doom Bloom Query

Sphere80
It prevents the signal from cutting out completely when you turn the gain all the way down. Replace it with a jumper, or  connect Bloom #1 to ground  to keep it stock.

Re: Fuzzhugger Doom Bloom Query

I can add it to the layout and make a second one with the option. It's not as simple on my layout since I don't like standing resistors unless they are completely necessary.

Re: Fuzzhugger Doom Bloom Query

music6000
Hi
   I settled for 680 ohm Resistor for Bloom 1 to Ground option. I think the Bias might be reversed, Watching youtube demo's, It appears to be starved when turned Clockwise. FSB Layout shows Lug 1&2 to Ground & Lug 3 to Emitter of Q1 Transistor?

Cheers music6000

Re: Fuzzhugger Doom Bloom Query

Sphere80
Yes, music6000. I made the same changes to the bias connection to match the original trace.