Fuzzrite problems. Noisy and not loud enough.

Fuzzrite problems. Noisy and not loud enough.

nonost
Hi. I have a couple problems with the silicon mosrite fuzzrite I've built.

Firstly it's very noisy, I hope it gets better when boxed. Secondly, it's not loud enough. I've put a booster at the output but it only affects the gain mostly. It has almost the same volume with or without the booster.

I can't understand how this tiny circuit it's giving me that problems.

Well, any help is really appreciated!

Cheers!

Re: Fuzzrite problems. Noisy and not loud enough.

Can you post some pics and voltages? It sounds like the problem is most likely related to the booster but we’d have to see what’s going on to get a better idea

Both of my Fuzzrites seem plenty loud with the stock circuits

Re: Fuzzrite problems. Noisy and not loud enough.

nonost
Ok. I will upload a couple pictures in a moment.

I tried two boosters with the same result. Now it's the LPB1 Electroharmonix. I've also tried the vol pot at the input of the booster and at the output...Not solved. I've removed the booster from the circuit so it can't be the problem. The fuzzrite has the same output no matter there's a booster or not.

Thank you Travis!

Re: Fuzzrite problems. Noisy and not loud enough.

nonost
Q1.

E: 0V
B: 0.470v
C: 0.532mv

Q2.

E: 0V
B: 0.405mV
C: 0.542mV

With a fresh 9.4v battery.

Re: Fuzzrite problems. Noisy and not loud enough.

nonost

Re: Fuzzrite problems. Noisy and not loud enough.

The voltages are definitely lower than I would expect

My first course of action would be to carefully reflow solder joints and double and triple etc check component values and placement against the layout/schematic

Do you have a link to the layouts you used so I can compare?

Re: Fuzzrite problems. Noisy and not loud enough.

nonost
I used this layout:

https://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2010/07/mosrite-fuzzrite.html

Collector voltage looks pretty low, doesn't?

Yep, I should reflow all solder joints.