Fuzzrocious - FEED ME (super versatile LP+HP filter + buffer)

Fuzzrocious - FEED ME (super versatile LP+HP filter + buffer)

notnews
Hey guys,

Fuzzrocious makes some pretty sweet dirt boxes, including a really nice take on the Rat- style circuit, but lately they've forayed into delay and reverb, which sound great, and they released the FEED ME.

Here's a link to the manual for the FEED ME:
http://fuzzrociouspedals.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/manual_feedme.pdf

It's essentially a buffer > four rotaries that let you select between quantized HP and LP filter cap and resistor values, letting you tweak your tone. I'm not entirely sure what the benefit of having four rotaries like this, as opposed to two rotaries for the cap values and two pots for the resistor values, but there might be..

I've boiled down the manual into a small pic that shows everything you'd need to build this box:

The design of the input buffer isn't mentioned in the manual, but it must have both a volume and tone control itself...

What does everyone think? Worth creating a layout?
What IS the advantage of having rotaries for the resistor values as opposed to using pots for those ranges?

Re: Fuzzrocious - FEED ME (super versatile LP+HP filter + buffer)

nocentelli
This post was updated on .
notnews wrote
What IS the advantage of having rotaries for the resistor values as opposed to using pots for those ranges?
So you can click it into a certain configuration and think "so that's what a triangle/sovtek/ram's head tonestack sounds like"? Those sort of presets wouldn't be possible if you had to dial in the resistance. To be honest, the differences are slight to say the least between the more useable big muff stacks, like 33k vs 39k is a difference you might notice on the visual tonestack calculator, but would you actually hear it in a blind test? Especially if you're tweaking the tone knob at the same time....

For all the effort involved in soldering 4 x 12 position rotaries, I prefer the idea of replacing one resistor with a 100k pot to ground off tone lug 3 (aka AMZ mid/presence pot) and replacing the opposite cap rotary with a simple on-off-on spdt to give three cap combinations to ground off the tone lug 1 (and leaving the other resistor and cap at a compromise 27k.and 5n6. This would give the possibility of actually dialling in the exact degree of midscoop/flat or boost, and also tailoring the amount of treble roll-off versus bass boost you get as you tweak the tone (which is usually an unavoidable compromise with the simple one knob BMPTC).

Re: Fuzzrocious - FEED ME (super versatile LP+HP filter + buffer)

fx-fidden
Very old thread, but I'm looking for (again) some news about this pedal.
I'm pretty agree, 100k pots wll be useful enough, and less expensive, than a rotary switch pot for the resistors of the tone control.
And even about all those caps, probably the difference are noticeable just with very different caps.
So in case you are not so pedantic a pair of three way toggle switch will work fine.

The first post said that it's a buffer, but I think it's a booster, else the tone control, clearly it's a Big Muff style, cut some volume.

Anyway, if you would like to build a pedal like that, how it could be?

What about this:
High impedance buffer (Jfet?) -> Tone Control -> LPB-1 output stage -> Volume Pot.
I build pedals