G2D Cream tone LED hookup

toddvirgil
Hey guys,

So my brain's not working and I'm trying to figure out how to hookup the LEDs on the G2D cream tone -- there are a pair of LEDs for the Solo footswitch - so it goes blue when disengaged and red(I think) when its switched on. I'm sure this requires a 3PDT, but could someone give me a hint (or even a wiring diagram) on how to do that?

Thanks in advance!

Re: G2D Cream tone LED hookup

The solo switch only needs to be a SPDT to do the required solo switching, but if you want to switch LEDs too, you would need to go for a DPDT.  Layout like this:

1-----4
2-----5
3-----6

1 - 3 is performing the solo switching duty and so for the LEDs you would need to connect one LED cathode to lug 4, the other LED cathode to lug 6 and ground lug 5.  Then both LED anodes will need connecting to the 9V supply via a current limiting resistor (appropriate for the type of LED).

Re: G2D Cream tone LED hookup

toddvirgil
Thanks Mark! Seems kinda obvious now.. Duh. My brain was just not working this morning. I appreciate the help!

Re: G2D Cream tone LED hookup

toddvirgil
Wired this up today -- thanks for the help Mark!

Had a bit of trouble because my DPDT switches are crazy easy (less than 5secs of heat) to melt and short -- figured that out after destroying one...  anyway -- first time I used a white decal -- didn't get the color exact, but I'm happy with the results (except for the white bleed through around the bottom part -- I think my exacto was getting dull).

This is a pretty killer pedal...  Built it for a friend (hence the silly name), but might have to build one of my own! I had already built the board using Harald's layout, so I'll have to try Mark's next and omit that ridiculous 2200uF cap.

Cheers!

Re: G2D Cream tone LED hookup

GoranP
T., that's pretty dang close on the color! I only wish I could get it that close (I actually blame my printer at work and it's color management, need to look into that). Love the fresnels (are they, or is it just the camera angle?), too!

Re: G2D Cream tone LED hookup

toddvirgil
<quote author="GoranP">
T., that's pretty dang close on the color! I only wish I could get it that close (I actually blame my printer at work and it's color management, need to look into that). Love the fresnels (are they, or is it just the camera angle?), too!
</quote
Thanks Goran! I think the color is better in the pic than in real life, but it isn't bad. I was surprised at how much the color changed when I removed the backing. Either way, it's not a bad way to get white lettering.

Yeah, those are fresnels I got from mouser. I love em... Really easy to work with and I think they look great.