Galileo

Chris60601
Finished up my Galileo build this evening. This thing is awesome! IMHO, the Galileo is nicer then the Britannia. I have a slight issue to work out when in the Top Boost mode (there is a high pitch whine) but overall - I love this build.

Gonna try out the Catalinbread CB30 to see what this is about. So far though, all the VOX emus I have have worked out really well.

Next build is gonna be the Sadowsky Preamp for a friend and may do one for myself and see how it works with my Jackson bass.

Cheers
Chris
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: Galileo

Frank_NH
Cool.  Just listened to the obligatory PGS demo and it sounds great (of course ).  I love the Britannia but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have another Vox amp sim pedal.  I mean, you can't have too many amp sim pedals...er...right??  (Don't answer that )

Re: Galileo

dexxyy
I had a bit of whine in my build too, IIRC I cured it with a low value resistor in series with the power supply, around 100r I think. The cb30 is more or less the Galileo without the top boost, Galileo = cb30 + simplified naga viper.
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: Galileo

Frank_NH
I did a little research yesterday.  It seems that most of the original builders of the CB30 clones over at FSB thought the CB30 was too low gain without the Naga Viper front end.  What's your opinion dexxyy?  If you deselect the Top Boost switch, you should have the CB30.  Does it sound OK (seems to be OK on the demos I've seen on YouTube)?  It seems to me that just building the CB30 and Naga Viper separately would allow more flexibility - but having the Top Boost switch is convenient. Hmmmm - decisions...