Germanium FF with LED/LDR

orpheusmaximo
This post was updated on .
Hi there, I'm new in the forum, and this is my first post.

Having been a musician for many years I have a lot of gear ( not excessive, because I'm very selective, but the right amount for my needs )

As a fx builder then, I concentrate mostly on FFs, since the ease and the final unit
gives me exactly what I want. I'm a sucker for tone. I have many valve preamps/amps, and my favorite rack units tone-wise ( Roland GP-8 for example, or the Digitech 21Legend that I use just for the awesome IMO ReverseRev - and it was my 1st rack unit back in the day ). Note that I record guitars with parallel channels and multi-pickup-outputs, nowadays 10 or 12 channels at a time - if also rec-ing Piezo.

What I love about the Germanium transistor tone, if properly processed and mixed, I can't find anywhere else. I built the boutique Fuzz Face with the Hornet's use of trim-pots ( in my case just pots ), selective capacitor input and germanium diode clipping as a rack unit that is fantastically functional and in the end chain of solo guitar gives that Germanium high end clarity ( though I find you only get that by feeding it with high gain units / eq ), recorded on my Chandler Germanium mic-pre sounds awesome ( IMO ), and rec direct sounds great too. I also use it when recording a Proteus 1000, after the synth and before the Chandler pre in. You can find my music here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5eb36LYRnXPocWR9ofJJqQ

My question:

Can anyone post a circuit of a FF that incorporates a LDR/LED as to make it more of a compressor and/or Sustainer?

Many great info on this site for the tone-minded. Thank you. Keep on rockin' steady

https://www.facebook.com/maximo.medeiros