Germanium Fuzz Face

Vince
Can someone see where I would feed power straight to the board on this? I plan on using a voltage inverter but I have brain freeze and cannot work out where power would hit the board instead of coming from the jack (battery powered). I prefer using 9v adapter.

Cheers in advance.

Re: Germanium Fuzz Face

That's a very confusing layout IMO, showing what seems to be multiple ground connections on the board and in 2 different colours.   Do you have a pic that shows the track?   Then we could work it out for ourselves.

Re: Germanium Fuzz Face

Vince
Something like this?

Re: Germanium Fuzz Face

It isn't quite the same but yes the pink wire and black link are ground and connected by a track of the PCB, and the supply appears to be the other black wire which must represent a battery.  So ground connects up as usual, and you connect -9V where the black battery connection is being made.

Re: Germanium Fuzz Face

Vince
That's the layout I etched and used for the silicon version. So basically it's wired the same as the silicon but with the voltage inverter doing it's think in between...

this is probably a better picture.

Re: Germanium Fuzz Face

Yes that's better.  It's basically exactly the same as the NPN layout except the electrolytics are reversed and you take -9V where you connect 9V with the NPN version.  That's it.