Ghetto Stomp volume drop?

number41
When I finished this one I thought it worked well. I first tried it with a practice amp and it seemed to bump up the volume quite a bit, then I let my friend try it on stage but wasn't a loud setting(but wasn't quiet either - a blues trio) and I was very happy with the result but the last two times I tried it in a louder situations where you have to turn the amp's volume up I got a noticeable volume drop and a rather compress, fuzzy noise instead of a full, round organic drive at the 'same' setting.

Is this how it supposed to work? If not, how can I fix this issue?

Thanks a bunch!