Gibson GA-5 Emulator

Rock Glenn
This one is verified. Gibson Ga-5 circuit adapted to JFET's using a 2N5485 as a "Power Tube". Similar design to the Carmen Ghia layout I was trying to make, but this one works great.

I had to bias it a little hot to get a nice overdrive. It is very loud and breaks up nicely if biased around 5V.

I would have posted to verified layouts, but I am not legal there.
www.reverberation.com/rockglenn

Re: Gibson GA-5 Emulator

strangerscallmekenny
This looks like a really fun jfet emulaiton! I might try it in the coming days :)

Re: Gibson GA-5 Emulator

Rock Glenn
It's very loud, like a lot of jfet emulators. Sounds a lot like the wampler black 65, but without the tonestack. Through my showman, I absolutely had to crank down my guitar tone knob, but it sounds great.
www.reverberation.com/rockglenn