God as my witness... I'll never need 10uF caps again...

Re: God as my witness... I'll never need 10uF caps again...

Chris60601
Obi Holt Rickobi never told you about your father. J201 is your father.
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: God as my witness... I'll never need 10uF caps again...

Heath
Chris60601 wrote
Obi Holt Rickobi never told you about your father. J201 is your father.
NNOOOOOOOooooooooo........ *jump*

Re: God as my witness... I'll never need 10uF caps again...

dbat69
Wooooooossssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh

The Millenium Fuzzface swoops in and in a screech of Ge fuzz ... hovers, buzzes and catches.  Before applying full gain and going into creamy overdrive ... to return the Gedi later

Re: God as my witness... I'll never need 10uF caps again...

Re: God as my witness... I'll never need 10uF caps again...

Chris60601
Not as impressive as Heath' score - the 1st of 2 "larger" orders for me.

This more of a filling of the "Ohm" section of the resistors and a few of the "x"Meg series

And some 1200 greenies to add some extra color to the collection.

The remaining 2 are a restock of 8 - 18 pin sockets, 3mm led's, a crap load of 6mm trims, electro caps and some trannies (5087/8, 3904/6 and 4401).

Next stop - enclosures - probably around tax refund though.
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: God as my witness... I'll never need 10uF caps again...

His many resistors are you getting in each pack? I typically order 20-50 at a time. Sometimes more of the ones I run out of quickly. Also, I didn't know tayda started selling red poly's rather then green for some values.

I actually just sent them an email cause I'm pissed. I did 2 orders the same day, they tell me it's shipped, I get them and one of then has everything, but the other only has half of the enclosures I bought, no pots, or transistors I ordered. I hope they get back to me soon, cause this bs. First problem I had with tayda in all the years I've dealt with them.

Re: God as my witness... I'll never need 10uF caps again...

Chris60601
Yikes - sorry to hear that rocket. As to the res-paks, I ordered 200 per.
And yeah - I was surprised to see Reds in this batch.

For giggles, I went back to the selections and nowhere did I see red. I can only imagine that perhaps they just ran out of the greenies but I'll take em!!.

As an FYI - the reds are: .39uF, .82uF, .0039uF, and .68uF

The cost was the same too, so I dunno.

Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: God as my witness... I'll never need 10uF caps again...

meh, all the same material, just interesting to see the red ones instead of all greens.

as far as my order goes, i'm sure everything hasn't been boxed and shipped, because now it says under my account that it's being packing, rather then being shipped, and when i click on the tracking number on tayda's site it says no info currently available, but if i past it into USPS tracking it says it left Colorado on the 27th, and was shipped 2 day priority, and it was expected to be delivered today. i'm going to wait and see if it shows up tomorrow, if not, i'm going to have to call the post office to complain again that things are not getting to me in the time they are supposed to. i fucking hate the post office, they seem to rarely do what they are paid to do, then complain that people are not using their services to send packages and mail.

Re: God as my witness... I'll never need 10uF caps again...

Not only do I not need to buy 4n7 caps ever again, I need to get rid of a few thousand

When I bought a factory box of 1,000 tropical fish that was intense but the box is nice and small. This is just ridiculous. Like at least 10lbs of caps

Re: God as my witness... I'll never need 10uF caps again...

Heath

Yeah.. I wanted to be able to build Rangemasters forever.

... or one really, Really, REALLY big one?!
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: God as my witness... I'll never need 10uF caps again...

Heath
Travis wrote
Yeah.. I wanted to be able to build Rangemasters forever.
Chris60601 wrote
... or one really, Really, REALLY big one?!
I'm not saying he's building a Germanium Deathstar, but....

...deathstar

Re: God as my witness... I'll never need 10uF caps again...

Chris60601
This post was updated on .
So Heath. Some questions if ya don't mind. Spent time at your site and really enjoyed your demos. As I'm just getting into home recording, what software would you recommend.
Ideally as cheat as possible (open source maybe) as I'll use a sim cab and DI into my lappy.
Any advise really will be muchly appreciated if possible while dodging an attack of some rabid Ewoks I imagine😁

Edit: I will be happy to move this to a new thread if we feel we'll get mileage out of it or perhaps via email.
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: God as my witness... I'll never need 10uF caps again...

Heath
Chris60601 wrote
So Heath. Some questions if ya don't mind. Spent time at your site and really enjoyed your demos. As I'm just getting into home recording, what software would you recommend.
Ideally as cheat as possible (open source maybe) as I'll use a sim cab and DI into my lappy.
Any advise really will be muchly appreciated if possible while dodging an attack of some rabid Ewoks I imagine😁

Edit: I will be happy to move this to a new thread if we feel we'll get mileage out of it or perhaps via email.
Opening a new thread for this because there are much better qualified people who would probably like to add helpful info.

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/On-the-subject-of-home-recording-td17184.html
12