Good OD for solid state

toddvirgil
So, I'm putting together a little 2W cigar box amp for my workbench, but I figured while I was at it I'd throw in a tube-sounding "gain" circuit. What would you guys recommend? As I've been building pedals I've been plugging them all into my tube amp.

Now, I know its never gonna sound like actual tubes, but my little vox headphone amp doesn't do an absolutely terrible tube sound simulation.

So, which circuit?

Thanks!

Re: Good OD for solid state

Snare227
If you are looking for a light drive similar to a tube amp on the edge of breakup... I'd give the Honey Bee a shot.  I built one up last night and it's very responsive to dynamics.