Goya Panther/Applied/Vivant Treble Fuzz

anders
This post was updated on .
Another crude old fuzz

now verified

Schem:

Vero:

Re: Goya Panther/Applied/Vivant Treble Fuzz

tabbycat
anders wrote
Another crude old fuzz
i suppose you have considered a career in advertising?

thanks for the layout anders.

i can't find a demo for this (at a quick glance). the 'applied fuzz' is supposed to be the same thing but i can only find an 'applied banshee fuzz' on yt, which sounds worse than a shatterbox. in a very wrong way.

have you built it? if so how does it sound?

Re: Goya Panther/Applied/Vivant Treble Fuzz

anders
Hi there! Well, I don't think this is the same as the Banschee Fuzz *shrudders*. I found a lo-fi demo of the Vivant Fuzz which should share the same circuit.
https://youtu.be/tBKVMP-Qrxk

I haven't built this yet but the clip indicates quite a wild fuzz with some hints of upper octave.

Re: Goya Panther/Applied/Vivant Treble Fuzz

Hozy31
Built this one today plus the fuzzbud as still waiting for parts for my really big builds. This is really an awesome sounding pedal. The unusual thing is the fuzz switch completely turns off the very loud fuzz and turns the pedal into a weird type of boost but that could be due to the transistor types i am using. Only have a few Ges left so will need to stock up soon. Anyway i used OC72 in Q1 (hFE 97), OC205 in Q2 (hFE 34) and OC81 for Q3 (hFE 43? seemed to be higher at 240 but couldn't get a static reading). Used a 22p for the unknown cap, tried a few higher values but this sounded better to my ears. I would socket this and test. Really loving this, has some similar qualities to the Univox super fuzz IMO. Thanks anders for the layout.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Goya Panther/Applied/Vivant Treble Fuzz

anders
Nice! Thanks for veryfying this!
Just built a NPN version of this and it's quite a sludgy bassy and raw fuzz and the booster ain't bad either. Just need some tweaking with the transistors and the Attack pot. I spotted an error in the vero, the 1,5k resistor left to Q3 should be omitted so I updated the layout above

Cheers